31 Oct 2017
Ons gaan nou braai! But first, marinade! This easy home-made fragrant glaze bursts with health and freshness.
- olive oil (good quality!) x 1/2 cup
- fresh lemon juice x 1/2
- green chilli x 1 (*optional)
- garlic x 3 cloves
- fresh herbs x BIG bunch (favourites: parsley, coriander, mint)
- sunflower seeds x 2 Tbs
- black pepper x generous amount
- Himalayan pink salt x to taste
- Blitz all the ingredients together for a nice pesto-like consistency.
- Add more liquid (lemon or olive oil) if needed.
- Thread your veggies and meat onto a skewer.
- Coat all with the marinade, then let rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Grill until golden (not burned!) and fragrant.
- Best enjoyed on summer days with family 🙂
simmer in water with a dash of maple syrup, until stickyGet Ready
*Thank you KATE VAN ZYL for lending us your recipe! We can’t wait to try it…d… DIP!nion into thin quarter strips and simmer in water with a dash of maple syrup, until stickyGet Ready
KATE’S TIP: My favourite veggies for the sosaties are: mushrooms, peppers, zucchini, aubergine, red onion and whole baby tomatoes!
Cut the onion into thin quarter strips and simmer in water with a dash of maple syrup, until sticky.