It’s a wrap!
These nifty rice wraps make for great lunch in hot weather and offer much healthier and lighter alternative to the common flour tortillas. Quick and easy: stuff’em, roll’em, dip’em, YUM!
INGREDIENTS: (vegan version)
- rice wraps
- rice noodles
- green leaves of your choice (chopped)
- carrot (cut julienne style into thin strips)
- cucumber (julienne style)
- peppers (julienne style)
- spring onion (julienne style)
- avocado (thinly sliced)
- sweet chilli/tamari/soya/satay sauce
- Soak rice noodles in hot water for 5 minutes and drain.
- Prep (!) all your veggies ready for assembly.
- Rinse one rice sheet at a time under luke warm water for about a minute to soften slightly.
- Gently shake off excess water and place on a board or a towel, ready to be worked.
- Proceed to stuff with ingredients, packed closely together, but make sure to leave room for rolling up.
- *Sprinkle sauce of your choice on top of the ingredients (optional).
- Roll once, then tuck under both sides, and roll once more. Don’t worry, the sheet will stick!
- Et voilà! Your wraps are ready for scrumptious consumption. Enjoy 🙂
This is just a line of text which needs to be inserted in order to create e
*Check out the tutorial from Food Wishes below to learn the spring roll technique, with a giggle*
This is just a line of text which needs to be inserted in order to create empty space.