04 Dec 2017
In the PINK!
Hot and hungry? This bright and fresh cooling soup will be hard to beet this summer.
- fresh beetroot x 5-10
- apple cider vinegar x 1/5 cup
- maple syrup x 2 Tbsp
- cucumber x 1/2
- radishes x 1 packet
- chives – x handful, chopped
- dill – handful, chopped
- medium-fat plain yogurt x 1 tub
- (sour cream) x 1 cup (*optional)
- salt + pepper – to taste
- Peel and slice the beetroot; then cover well in water and boil for 30-40 mins.
- Discard the beetroot (or save for salad) and add the vinegar and maple syrup to the pink stock.
- Leave it to cool down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, cut the cucumber into thin quarters and the radishes into thin slices.
- Add the cucumber, the radishes, the herbs and the dairy to the stock, and stir well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as more vinegar and maple syrup if needed.
- Chill in the fridge until serving time.
- Enjoy this beautiful bright pink number on a hot summer day 🙂
simmer in water with a dash of maple syrup, until stickyGet Ready
DIP!nion into thin quarter strips and simmer in water with a dash of maple syrup, until stickyGet Ready
MYHRU WELLNESS SCOOP: To big it up on the protein punch, add quarters of hard-boiled egg to each bowl before serving. Eggs are packed with vitamins B2, B6, B12 & D, as well as zinc, iron and copper. So enjoy in moderation (high cholesterol!) and make sure to source free-range locally farmed produce.
Cut the onion into thin quarter strips and simmer in water with a dash of maple syrup, until sticky.