03 Sep 2017
Chip & Dip
Spring-clean your diet by adding this refreshing energy-boosting dip recipe to your weekly menu!
INGREDIENTS: (vegan version)
- fresh coriander/spinach/parsley x 1/2 cup
- sesame seeds x 1/2 cup
- sunflower seeds x 1/2 cup
- water x 1/2 cup
- olive/flaxeed oil x 1/2 cup
- lemon juice x 1/2 lemon
- garlic clove x 1
- Tamari (gluten-free soy sauce) x 1 Tbsp
- paprika x 1/2 tsp (optional)
- cumin x 1/2 tsp (optional)
- chilli x 1/2 tsp (optional – if you’re feeling brave!)
- Lightly dry toast the seeds in a frying pan until golden. Allow to cool.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Adjust desired consistency by adding more water (thinner) or seeds (thicker).
- Add pepper + more Tamari to taste.
- Cut up fresh carrots, celery, cauliflower and broccoli florets and get ready…steady…DIP!Get Ready, stead… DIP!nion into thin quarter strips and simmer in water with a dash of maple syrup, until sticky
MYHRU WELLNESS SCOOP: We are always on the look out for healthy and versatile recipes so we are thrilled to share this little gem created by one of our Myhrulosophers and wellness warriors, Katherine Van Zyl! You can also use it as a sandwich spread, wrap base, salad dressing, and even dilute it for a refreshing gazpacho! We likey 🙂
Cut the onion into thin quarter strips and simmer in water with a dash of maple syrup, until sticky.